G.K. Questions in Geography/ Objective Geography/MCQs in Geography: Part-B
Keywords: Indian Geography Questions &Answers, gk questions & answers in geography, geography gk questions & answers, mcqs in geography , objective geography questions & answers, gk questions in geography with answer key, geography objective questions, geography MCQs questions with answer key, questions & answers in geography, gk in geography with answer key, mcqs in geography gk, gs in geography, gk in geography objective.
1. Indian standard time is the local time of which of the following cities in India?
Ans: B. Allahabad
2. Which of the followings states has two major ports in India?
C. West Bengal
D. Tamil Nadu
Ans: D. Tamil Nadu
3. Which of the followings has the highest peak in South India?
Ans: B. Anaimudi
4. Which of the followings is called the Switzerland of India?
Ans: C. Kashmir
5. Which of the following deserts lies on the boundary between India and Pakistan?
D. None of these
Ans: B. Thar
6. Which of the followings Ankleswar is known for in Gujarat?
C. Oil Refinery
D. Penicillin industry
Ans: C. Oil Refinery
7. Which of the following countries produces coffee in abundance?
D. Sri Lanka
Ans: B. Brazil
8. Which of the following countries stands first in wheat production in the world?
Ans: B. India
9. Tea is grown much in which of the following states?
Ans: D. Assam
10. In which of the following states rice is produced more?
A. Tamil Nadu
C. West Bengal
Ans: C. West Bengal
11. In which of the following cities is Security Printing Press of India?
Ans: B. Nasik
12. In which of the following states Corbett National Park is in India?
D. Madhya Pradesh
Ans: C. Uttarakhand
13. Diamond mines in India are found in which of the following states?
B. Madhya Pradesh
Ans: B. Madhya Pradesh
14. The tiger sanctuary in Tamil Nadu is located at which of the followings?
C. Kalakad (Tirunelveli)
Ans: C. Kalakad (Tirunelveli)
15. Which of the followings is called Yellow river?
Ans: C. Hwang–Ho
16. Calcutta is situated on the banks of which of the following rivers?
Ans: B. Hoogly
17. Which of the following rivers is the longest river in the world?
Ans: A. Nile
18. Which one of the following states is landlocked state in India?
Ans: B. Assam
19. In which of the following continents is Atacama Desert situated?
C. North America
D. South America
Ans: D. South America
20. Which one of the followings is required for Jute cultivation?
A. moist climate
B. cold climate
C. hot climate
D. much rain
Ans: B. cold climate
21. Which of the following Indian states is broadly as large as Greece?
A. Tamil Nadu
Ans: A. Tamil Nadu
22. In of the following Indian states is Jog falls located?
C. Tamil nadu
Ans: B. Karnataka
23. Which one of the following hydroelectric projects does not belong to Tamil Nadu?
Ans: A. Idukki
24. The largest irrigated area in India is occupied by which one of the followings?
Ans: B. Rice
25. Which state is not one of major producers of Bananas?
B. Tamil Nadu
Ans: C. Bihar
26. For National Highway, the maximum speed in mountainous terrain is fixed among which of the followings?
A. 120 km per hour
B. 100 km per hour
C. 80 km per hour
D. 50 km per hour
Ans: C. 80 km per hour
27. The most densely populated State in India is which one of the followings?
A. Uttar Pradesh
D. West Bengal
Ans: D. West Bengal
28. Which one of the followings is an important Nuclear Power Station in Tamil Nadu?
Ans: B. Kalapakkam
29. Which one of the following states is the largest producer of black pepper in india?
A. Tamil nadu
Ans: B. Kerala
30. Which one of the following is a cash crop?
Ans: D. Rubber